For first timer friends, here's a suggested 3days/2nights guide if you wanna travel to Hong Kong and Macau. Especially when you on a tight budget and still want to maximize your stay.
I took the time to update all the prices so that you'll know how much pocket money to bring and I also added instructions on how you will get to the certain place.
Hong Kong's transport system is really crazy. every station is connected to another station, you might get lost. :))
Sorry guys, I'm a bit to O.C. haha, i am very specific with time so i included it here. just don't mind the striked out words, you might (I'm sure you will) laugh at me. haha. :))
0540: ETD NAIA 3
0740: ETA Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) 1
0740-0830: Immigration clearance & buy MTR/Octopus card
0830-0930: Go to Hotel, leave luggage
0930-1000: Take MTR to Tung Chung
1000-1230: stroll and shopping, sightseeing
ng chinito, Lunchie
* was really hungry, I forgot the name, though its delish, baked seafood with lots of cheese on top. yum!
1230-onwards: Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car Tour, Tian Tan Buddha
*prices for the cable car varies. It depends if you wanna try the glass floor (which is a bit expensive than the regular one), i guess it was a diff of around HKD 50.
2100 onwards: gimik, night market,
* HK at night is really uhmmm, but it's so much fun to walk in the crowded streets, plus there are lots of street entertainers with crazy acts. haha
0740-0830: Prep time, breakfast
* I did not include breakfast to our Hotel booking, which is so much wrong. haha, we paid an additional HKD 50 for our buffet breakfast. We we're so tired from last night plus really lazy to go out and eat. haha
0830-1200: go to Central, Shopping
1330-1400: MTR to Disneyland
(Tung Chung MTR line to Sunny Bay MTR Station and switch to Disneyland Resort)
* A Disneyland trip won't really be complete unless you've got the epic picture with Mickey and Minnie mouse
2000-onwards: night market (Mongkok)
Day 3: MACAU DAY
0715-0830: Turbojet to MFM (HKD 153)
0830-0900: Immigration Clearance
0900-0930: Take Venetian Macau free shuttle
(located across the road from Macau Ferry Terminal (take underpass)).
Leave luggage at the Venetian.
* We really wanted to ride the Gondola, but there's a reaaaalllyyy loooong line waiting when we came. aggg.
1000-1130: free time, roam around The Venetian Macau and Casino time.
1130-onwards: Macau Heritage walk. (Take Venetian Macau free shuttle to Macau Ferry Terminal. Ride Bus 10A to (Rua do) Almeida Ribeiro), Senate Square Sightseeing, Na Tcha Temple, St. Paul Cathedral ruins, Fortress Hill and Camoes Garden, Grand Lisboa, Wynn (Tree of Prosperity, Dragon Show, Performance Lake)
2200: Check-in at Macau International Airport, dinner
2215: ETD MIA
0015: ETA NAIA3
Cafe de Coral
Ooops, before I forget, this is one of my favorite places to eat in HK, it's like Jollibee, it's all over the city. It won't too hard to find. Cafe de Coral is in every building and every corner of the city (exagge, haha). There are lots of choices to choose from, the food is really delish.
Budget; HK$ 60 -HK$ 125
We really had fun in our very short stay. Every one had US$ 500 as pocket money which we mostly spent on food and H&M. haha.
Here's the fun part: BUDGET!
Php 1620 PH travel tax
Php 500 terminal fee
* i used HK$ 1 = Php 5.6 for the conversion.
Php 2224.18 / HK$ 399 Disneyland (all-day access)
Php 1560 / HK$ 208 Ocean park
Php 908 / HK$ 163 turbo jet HK-MFM
Php 5,918.55 / HK$ 990
* to save more moolah with Disneyland and Ocean park, i suggest that you buy tickets at the airport or at your hotel. Hotel travel services will offer you discounted ticket prices and free transport to Disneyland and back.